Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Trek to Mt. Pinatubo


I went trekking to Mt. Pinatubo last last week. I must say that the hike was demanding and even grueling but getting to the top was worth every step I took. When I went for a dip to the crater’s cool blue water, it was completely relaxing. I was just floating on the water and felt so peaceful.

We had an hour ride in the 4x4 in the grimy, jagged, and rock-strewn path leading to Mt. Pinatubo. It was such an adventure on itself. Then we hiked to the crater for about 3 hours – that’s inclusive of several breaks to rest and take pictures. The first part of the path was mostly sand and rocks. The second part was sand, rocks and water. The third part was rocks, water and foliage. The view on the summit was spectacular. The water was greenish-blue and chilly. The downhill trip was easier since the sun was already setting. As we rode the 4x4 on the way home, it was beautiful to see the sun setting and ending that perfect day.

No comments: