Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dinner at Conti's

I’ve been eating at Conti’s for several times now and I realized that it’s a hit and miss. Yes, as much as I can rave about their dishes – some simply just seems ordinary. Nothing to rave about. That’s how it went when E and I ate at their Serendra branch last Friday. I ordered callos (my first time to try the dish) while E ordered pasta allegria.



The callos made of ox tripe, knuckles and chorizo bilbao cooked in tomato sauce tasted just fine. I finished it off in a flash as I was really hungry that time.




E had the pasta allegria – oil-based pasta of spaghetti noodles with chicken, shitake mushroom and sun-dried tomatoes. I loved, loved that pasta! It specifically loved the combination of oil and sun-dried tomatoes which created such a flavorful taste. E wasn’t that satisfied with the pasta though. He said that he prefers those from Amici.



For dessert, we shared a slice of choco mousse. I’ve already tried their mango bravo, strawberry shortcake and banana cream torte (and loved all of them!). For this visit, we decided to try something we haven’t had before at Conti’s. I like the base chocolate cake of the choco mousse but otherwise, it wasn’t near spectacular.

This visit was probably more of a ‘miss’ but I still won’t discount how I loved their grilled herbed porkchops served with paella rice, NZ baked mussels and the desserts I previously had there. If you are really hungry though, you might want to eat somewhere else. One dish just won’t satisfy you. As E said, Conti’s really stands for few. LOL.

After dinner, we strolled along Bonifacio High Street and window shopped. After a time, I got tired and so we sat down to rest. I told E I was craving for balut and pansit. Off we went to Market Market and ordered a serving of Pansit Lucban at Buddy’s. It was so goooood and the pansit only costs around P120. At last, we felt full.






No comments: