Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Old Spaghetti House (TOSH)

E and I went to Robinson’s Galleria last Saturday because the mall was having a sale! All of my friends knew that I love to shop especially going on sale-shopping. Although I am no longer impulsive when it comes to spending, I still enjoy going to malls on sale because there is always that chance of buying something on a lower price. This time around I only buy those which I think I really need and not just want. (Although I still went to VNC to satisfy my shoe fix and even at CMG for my bag fix – but I didn’t buy anything! :P)

We got hungry at around 4pm. At that time, I already bought a book at National Bookstore, some groceries and something from Plains n’ Prints. I suggested eating at Mongkok – well, because I love Chinese food. He said he was craving for pizza and pasta. I agreed to pizza and pasta since most of the time, he relents to what I like when it comes to food. Also because if we eat at Mongkok, we might be ordering Yang Chow rice and I’m refraining form eating too much rice. We passed by TOSH and I asked if he has eaten there. As expected he still hasn’t tried TOSH and so it was an obvious choice for us. We ordered arabiatta and chicken fingers.

TOSH offers food at a relatively cheap price. The arabiatta only costs P100 and the chicken fingers costs P130. Most of the dishes in the menu range only from P100 to above P200.



Indeed the arabiatta was hot! Only it was oily. After about two tablespoons, my lips were already oily. E liked the arabiatta at Amici better. The serving of chicken fingers was just ordinary. For really good chicken fingers, I would recommend The Chocolate Kiss Café at UP Diliman.

A glass of iced tea to soothe the hotness of the arabiatta.
At least, it didn't taste like Nestea - something which I can make at home.


To this date, my top two places for really good cheap pasta would still be Amici de Don Bosco and The Green Tomato.


The Old Spaghetti House
They have branches all over the metro. As I can remember, they have branches at Valero St, Makati City; at Libis; Paseo de Roxas; and at Robinson's Galleria.


No comments: